[gmx-users] RE: Gromacs on GPU: GTX or Tesla?

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Thu Aug 4 21:41:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

Tesla cards won't give you much benefit when it comes to running the
current Gromacs. Additionally, I can tell you so much that this won't
change in the future either. The only advantage of the C20x0-s is ECC
and double precision - which is ATM anyway not supported in Gromacs on
GPUs.

Gromacs in general doesn't use much memory so unless you will want to
run gigantic systems with a single card, C2070 will not give you any
added benefit at all, in fact 1-1.5GB/card should be more than enough.

What kind of machine are you planning to buy/how many GPUs?

--
Szilárd