[gmx-users] Adding_topology_aminoacid

Kukol, Andreas a.kukol at herts.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 09:45:04 CEST 2011

Dependent on the force field you are using, the topology of free amino acids may not be defined. Look at the content of the rtp-file for your forcefield, if the free amino acid is defined there, you can use pdb2gmx to generate the topology.

Otherwise you have to treat the amino acid as a new molecule and make a topology for it, following the help in HowTo's on the Gromacs website.
An easy way to make the topology for a free amino acid is to copy the N- and C-terminal definitions from the rtp-file together, change the linkage and dihedrals, assign new (different) charges and then use pdb2gmx.

Andreas