[gmx-users] How to suppress the screen info & how to overwrite files?

Hiroshi Fujisaki fujisaki at nms.ac.jp
Fri Aug 12 18:54:09 CEST 2011

Dear gromacs users,

I am using gromacs 4.0.7 or higher and I would like to
ask you two simple questions.

For a certain purpose, I use gromacs (grompp or mdrun)
many times, and  the same information appear on the
screen, which might make the computational process slow.
How can I suppress such information on the screen?

The other question is, when using gromacs many times,
it writes many backup files with "sharp", which would be
messy or make the process slow. How can I overwrite files
in gromacs?

I appreciate your help in advance.

--
Hiroshi Fujisaki <fujisaki at nms.ac.jp>