[gmx-users] CMAP Dihedrals and free energy perturbations

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 13:06:37 CEST 2011

On 16/08/11, "Wright, Louise" <Louise.Wright at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi
> I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I am trying to use Gromacs 4.5.4 to do some free energy calculations.  I am using the CHARMM forcefield with CMAP and keep getting the error message:
>
> Fatal error:
> Function type CMAP Dih. not implemented in ip_pert
>
> I noticed that someone had posted a while ago about a similar message for Improper Dihs. and that the solution to this was an extra line added to topsort.c.  I think I need to add a line to topsort.c too for F_CMAP but am slightly unsure of what to do.
> Any help would be appreciated.  Is there an easy way to carry to carry out free energy perturbation calculations in Gromacs when using CMAP in the potential was well?

Looking at the code suggests to me that FEP of the CMAP parameters is not implemented (if that even makes sense, I dunno). Also, FEP on some other parameters when CMAP is active is not implemented properly. To get the latter working, I suggest inserting

    case F_CMAP:
        bPert = FALSE;
        break;

immediately before the "default:" clause in ip_pert() in src/gmxlib/topsort.c