[gmx-users] -ter option with pdb2gmx

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 19 17:43:18 CEST 2011

On 20/08/2011 1:27 AM, Vijayaraj wrote:
> "-ter" or "-inter" options of pdb2gmx are working fine with all force
> fields except amber force field. I cant select the terminal groups
> when I use amber ff, it directly goes through the generation of top
> files without asking any options for terminal group selection. I just
> want to use the none option for the terminals (with amber ff). any
> suggestion?

AMBER treats charges on terminal residues differently, so the -ter
mechanism doesn't work in the way that it can for other force fields.
See http://ffamber.cnsm.csulb.edu/#usage.

You'd have found this out faster if your earlier email had had a
one-sentence description of your simulation objective. :)

Mark