[gmx-users] Re: Re:the mdp parameters for localpressure calculation using gromacs-4.0.2_localpressure

Jianguo Li ljggmx at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Aug 22 03:54:10 CEST 2011

________________________________
From: KONG Xian <xianshine at gmail.com>
To: ljggmx at yahoo.com.sg
Cc: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Sent: Sunday, 21 August 2011 19:20:50
Subject: Re:the mdp parameters for localpressure calculation using
gromacs-4.0.2_localpressure

Thanks for your kindly reply.
I used the LINCS calculated the pressure field. The distinct between protein and
the lipid bilayer is obvious from the pressure field.

But the lipid bilayer and the water is not very obvious , they seems to be a
uniform from the pressure field calculated. As in Ollila’s original paper: 3D
Pressure Field in Lipid Membranes and Membrane-Protein Complexes, there is an
distinct separation region between membrane and the water.
Maybe the LINCS is the problem.
Another problem is perhaps the localpressure software is for CG model? My model
is all-atom model and the simulation time length is not long enough, maybe this
is the cause of the results?

-- From my limited experience, the local pressure calculation converges  very
poorly. It takes more than 50 ns of production run in my case  to get a
converged profile. You can divide the production run into several
sub-trajectories to judge the convergence.

KONG Xian
2011/8/21

Hi, Kong Xian,

It is better to use SHAKE instead of LINCS since LINCS does not directly yield
pairwise forces, as shown in the paper: Erik Lindahl and Olle Edholm. Spatial
and energetic-entropic decomposition of surface tension in lipid bilayers from
molecular dynamics simulations. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, VOLUME 113, NUMBER
9, 3882b3893.

best regards,
Jianguo