[gmx-users] Re: parallel job crash for large system

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:04:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban
<vvchaban at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Your density seems to be about 70% of what I would expect. Are you
>> sure that this is not just a normal case of a poorly equilibrated
>> system crashing? That matches with what you say about the density
>> growing (although perhaps it has more to do with poor equilibration
>> than with mixing, as you suggest)?

 The density should grow, that's the subject of study. The subsystems
 are equilibrated separately. Again, the crash occurs only after
 several hundreds thousands of steps. Bad geometries die during the
 first ps.

>> In any event, I'd suggest simplifying your system and making it
>> smaller to see of you can reproduce the problem with a system that
>> will run quickly in serial.

 The bad thing is that it works with smaller, however, not so "long"
 system... Actually I am sure that the problem is *NOT* in my input molecular
 configuration. But it is interesting where it is anyway.

 Interestingly, if I retrieve the last configuration before crash from
 the TRAJ.XTC and start from it, initializing velocities again, it
 passes the old crash point. If I start from checkpoint, it crashes.

 Vitaly

--
Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban, 430 Hutchison Hall, Chem. Dept.
Univ. Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627-0216