[gmx-users] Free Energy Integrator Selection

Marcelino Arciniega Castro macastro at mytum.de
Tue Aug 23 13:27:40 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I am also doing FEP calculations and I am also using sd as integrator. The problem that I am having with this integrator is the temperature coupling (NTP). I am setting the targeted temperature of the system on 300K, for 2 Groups, Protein_and_ligand and Solvent. g_energy gives me 303K 301K respectably.
If I use the md and noose-hover thermostat the results are 300K for both groups. For that reason I was thinking on changing to md. But afther reading the post

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2007-February/025815.html

I think that I shuold stick on sd. The questions are

If by trying sd with target temperature 298K and get 300K as a result, is the simulation valid?
Fabian, If you use sd the temperature of your system is the wanted one?

Thanks in advance
Marcelino