[gmx-users] sequence of mdrun commands

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:14:16 CEST 2011

Hey :

In scripts, like on the command line, processes wait for earlier
processes to finish, unless these are brought to the background using
the ampersand '&' at the end of the line. If you want to execute
something in the background in your script, to allow checking the
progress automatically, for instance, you can make sure some later
process does not start before the ones in the background finished by
using the command 'wait':

mdrun -deffnm [...] &
wait
grompp [...]