[gmx-users] OPLS-AA Unknown Atomtype

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 29 21:50:45 CEST 2011

Yao Yao wrote:
> HI Justin,
>
> I met these errors when I grompp to do 1st-time energy minimization
> before I planned to add the ions.
> So I do not think ions addition will help. And I double-checked the

The net charge problem cannot be solved by adding ions.  A fractional charge of
that magnitude indicates the charges in the topology are wrong.

> angles, bonds, .... mentioned in the ffoplsaabon.itp, they are there.
> So I do not know any other files I may need to modify.

The only file that contains [bondtypes], [angletypes], etc is ffoplsaabon.itp,
so if the entries are indeed there, have the correct format, and are placed
appropriately, you wouldn't be getting this error.  So unless you post the exact
lines in their exact context, I'm left to assume that you've done something else
wrong.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate