[gmx-users] g_select dynamic indices

Yao Yao yao0o at ymail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:32:31 CET 2011

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your hints. I feel the string in g_select is pretty much like tck/tl in VMD.

However I have not figured out the way to select a customized group defined in .ndx file.

And one more question I have, maybe more general, if I have, say, 100 frames, g_select will give me 100 dynamic indices in the .ndx file,
I am wondering if there is a way (might be some script) that can help me choose automatically for further processing, like g_hbond, and then I can program to collect all frames and average them.
In other words, there many commands in gromacs that require users to "Select a group", I am wondering if I can make this "choice" in a script rather than when I see the prompt.

thanks,

Yao