[gmx-users] Re: Looking for potential phosphate binding sites

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Dec 1 13:47:33 CET 2011

bharat gupta wrote:
> Yes, the phosphate ion moves around the protein but I am not able to
> find out how many of them bind to my protein. How can that be done ??

You'll have to set a definition for what you consider to be binding.  Is a
transient contact "binding?"  Does the interaction have to persist for some
length of time to be considered?  In any case, you can print a list of contacts
that occur with g_dist -dist, or use more complex selection criteria and
generate dynamic indices with g_select (see the help text for examples).

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee