[gmx-users] diffusion coefficient: apparently, g_msd messes up the MSD due to PBC

Matthew Zwier mczwier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 03:23:13 CET 2011

Hi Ruhollah,

A while ago on the list there was a discussion of extreme memory use
and possibly-incorrect results from g_msd under some conditions.  The
problem could be worked around by imaging the trajectory with trjconv
first to remove jumps across the box, then running g_msd on the
results.  Perhaps you'll have some more success with that workflow.

Cheers,
Matt Z.