[gmx-users] energy_terms

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Dec 18 01:28:30 CET 2011

On 18/12/2011 3:56 AM, balaji nagarajan wrote:

> Dear Users !
>
> I can print the values of the bonded and non bonded energy terms of
> the protein and the water ,
>
> I have used the group option ,
>
> I want to know the bonded contribution only from the protein ,
> in case of the torsion energy term it is only for the protein ,
>
> The bond distance and the bond angle , the contribution from the water
> is also there , so how one can get these
> terms for protein alone .

You can't do this during the original simulation, but you can take a
completed simulation and use tpbconv on the .tpr and trjconv on the
trajectory file to extract the same subset of atoms from each. Now mdrun
-rerun on those two partial files can give you the bonded energies of
whatever interests you. Whether that bond energy means anything is
another matter.

Mark