[gmx-users] calculation of concentration

mohammad agha mra_bu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 18:44:28 CET 2011

Dear GROMACS users

I doubt about calculate the concentration of my system. I know that concentration is calculated from the number of molecules / Avogadro’s number and divided by volume of box, but I think I calculate wrong, for example in one of articles had been written:
7579 water molecules + 60 SDS molecules (surfactant with anionic headgroup) + 60 Na ion (with a positive charge) in the cubic box with box size = 6.53 nm , has concentration = 0.4 M.

May I know how do you calculate this, please?

Best Regards
Sara