[gmx-users] links warnangles

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 2 15:32:37 CET 2011

vferrario at units.it wrote:
> No, is not working also in this case... probably the problem is with my
> mdp files:

I would argue that it's the coordinates that are the problem.  For instance,
compare the distances expected by the topology:

     1     3     1     0.1758
     1     4     1     0.1758
     1     5     1     0.1758
     2     3     1     0.233839
     2     4     1     0.233839
     2     5     1     0.233839
     3     4     1     0.290283
     3     5     1     0.290283
     4     5     1     0.290283

with the actual distances found in the coordinate file:

     1     3     1     0.177
     1     4     1     0.177
     1     5     1     0.174
     2     3     1     0.240
     2     4     1     0.235
     2     5     1     0.235
     3     4     1     0.282
     3     5     1     0.290
     4     5     1     0.289

The model requires 9 constraints to be satisfied in harmony.  If the starting
geometry isn't perfect (or very close to it), there's probably too much
rearranging required to make the model work.  Removal of the explicit H probably
yielded a set of constraints that could be somewhat satisfied by EM, but fall
apart in MD, which could be for a variety of reasons.

-Justin