[gmx-users] water segment in the z-direction

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 3 14:44:34 CET 2011

Dear Tusar:

Let's keep this on the mailing list.

You could learn about expr with a simple google search! It should have
worked though, did you mangle the command somehow when you typed it?
There should be " > not_last_line.gro" with a redirect at the end but
you have only a star. Nevertheless, my scripting has improved a bit
since I wrote that and you could replace 7 by:

head -n -1 initial.gro > not_last_line.gro

And, to answer your second question, you use keep_these_waters.gro in
part 8, along with other files, to create new_system.gro

Chris.