[gmx-users] Add custom residue to DNA index group

william Stebbeds willstebbeds at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:37:07 CET 2011

I made the changes to ../gromacs/top/residuetypes.dat

the Make_ndx output:

  0 System              : 34023 atoms
  1 DNA                 :   650 atoms
  2 DGO                 :    66 atoms
  3 K                   :    43 atoms
  4 CL                  :    21 atoms
  5 Other               :    66 atoms
  6 DGO                 :    66 atoms
  7 K                   :    43 atoms
  8 CL                  :    21 atoms
  9 Ion                 :    64 atoms
 10 DGO                 :    66 atoms
 11 K                   :    43 atoms
 12 CL                  :    21 atoms
 13 Water               : 33243 atoms
 14 SOL                 : 33243 atoms
 15 non-Water           :   780 atoms
 16 Water_and_ions      : 33307 atoms

This system consists of a 22 residue DNA molecule, two of which are DGO, each have 33 atoms.

I also do not understand why DGO is repeated three times.

Thanks again

will