[gmx-users] Gromacs Installation

lina zhao lnzhao99 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 03:24:47 CET 2011

1. Seems the default fftw configuration is double,
    when you install the fftw-3.2.2 configure with --enable single.

2. about your question:"I wanted to ask if I can download gromacs in my home
directory using the ubuntu software center or synaptic manager?"

1] You can download in your home directory and install.

2] a better but a bit not so-easy way, is download the source (
http://packages.debian.org/sid/gromacs), built the package and add it into
repository.

There maybe also some other ways.

HTH,