[gmx-users] Simulation using Martini force field

Ran Friedman ran.friedman at lnu.se
Tue Feb 15 07:40:34 CET 2011

Hi Regina,

Most CG force fields for proteins are less versatile than all-atom force fields and are simply not adequate for every application. As the secondary structure is determined a priori, you cannot model secondary structure changes, as probably happen during aggregation - even if the definition of the unordered protein was correct. You probably need to choose another FF or method. The UNRES FF from the Scheraga group doesn't suffer from this limitation, but isn't implemented in Gromacs and may have other caveats.

You can take a look at the MARTINI web page and paper (on the protein FF) about the definition of secondary structure.

Best regards,
Ran
Ran Friedman
Biträdande Lektor (Assistant Professor)