[gmx-users] free energy

Michael Shirts michael.shirts at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 15 20:06:33 CET 2011

One other thing I would point out is that the solvation free energy is
dependent on concentration.  you will get a different result with 4
polymer chains vs 3 vs 3, etc.  Make sure you understand the
dependence.  Also, the free energy will depend on the polymer chain
length.

Polymer and finite concentration calculations are harder to interpret
than monomer and infinite dilution calculations.  Make sure you
understand the differences.   I'm not sure understand all of them,
though, so you'll have to think about it yourself!  Basically, you
need to make sure the physical picture of the molecules in gromacs is
the physical picture of the realistic molecular system itself.