[gmx-users] Simulation using Martini force field

politr at fh.huji.ac.il politr at fh.huji.ac.il
Tue Feb 15 17:29:06 CET 2011

regarding "parameterization of phosphorylated serine "
I checked the Martini papers and I couldn't find how it is done. Can
somebody please instruct me.
In addition in JCTC paper from 2008 I saw that they simulated
pentapeptides without imposing secondary structure. How can I do it?
The problem is that there is no good tutorial how to use Martini
(something general). If I still want to use Martini without imposing
secondary structure how should I do it?
What tutorial is better to use the one for lipids or the one for
proteins in water. I think I should explain what exactly I want to do.
I want to simulate casein protein that is natively unstructured. The
only thing that is known about this protein that it creates micelles.
I just want to see if it possible to create micelles with Martini and
I'm trying to understand what is the better way to run Martini taking
into consideration the limitations of the force field and my system.
As I'm not an expert in Gromacs neither in Martini force field I will
appreciate very much any help for setting this simulation.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regina

n Feb 14, 2011, at 11:43 PM, politr at fh.huji.ac.il wrote:

> Thank you very much for you reply. Can you please explain me why do
> i need secondary structure file at all and why "secondary structure
> is pre-defined and thus static throughout a simulation"? I didn't
> see that something like this defined for lipids.
Have look at the Martini paper for protein (JCTC-2009) you might find
some stuff quite instructive in there :))

FYI lipids do not have secondary structure or something that would
succgest they could have different interacting behavior in function of
their conformation.
> How do I use do_dssp to build the needed file? I saw that I need a
> topology file in rder to use do_dssp. Where can I find this topology
> file? I hope this is ok that I'm asking so many questions. Thank you
> very much for your help.
No problem it just shows how it was a good idea to make a tutorial :))
have look there cgmartini.nl

gmx-users mailing list    gmx-users at gromacs.org