[gmx-users] about -CN triple bond

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 19 05:07:56 CET 2011

On 19/02/2011 3:02 PM, C.Y. Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to add
>
> [ position restraints ]

This is misspelled. Surely grompp warned about this?

> 2 1 1000 1000 1000 ; Restrain to a point
> 1 1 1000 0 1000 ; Restrain to a line (Y-axis)
> 3 1 1000 0 0 ; Restrain to a plane (Y-Z-plane)
>
> in the end of the topology file.

This does not even approach the solution to your problem. Position
restraints inhibit diffusion and structural changes. You need a vsite,
like you knew earlier.

> In the em. process, I get the eroor msg.

No, this error happened in grompp.

> Fatal error:
> Invalid dihedral type 1000

GROMACS didn't recognise the mis-spelled directive, and so it's trying
to make sense of your position restraint lines as dihedrals.

Mark