[gmx-users] unable to display MARTINI system with VMD

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 20 02:33:17 CET 2011

John wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have run a few protein systems through simulations of varying lengths
> and would like to find a way to visualize the trajectories. I have tried
> to use the top2psf.pl <http://top2psf.pl> script to produce a usable
> .psf file. I can get it to produce the .psf file, but am unable get VMD
> to display anything for the trajectory other than a bunch of dots.

If you send me your input files (off-list) I will try to debug it.  For most
simple cases, the script should produce usable output.

> anyone had any luck displaying MARTINI trajectories with VMD and might
> know where i am going wrong? any suggestions are very appreciated.

There's a Tcl script from the same site where you (presumably) found my script,
but I've never used it so I can't help you with that.

-Justin

> -john

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate