[gmx-users] Can g_wham support using different temperature for different windows?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:52:20 CET 2011

Jianguo Li wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you all for your suggestions or comments to my problem. Now I am
> planning to extend my simulations or using REMD in those bad windows to
> get converged PMF.
> I have another question: if I extend the umbrellar simulation to 1
> microsecond only in those problematic windows, while running shorter
> simulation (e.g., 100 ns) in those windows far away from the
> membrane. Does g_wham accpet using diffrent simulation time for
> different windows?

Theoretically, but if you are going to discard any of the initial time (that is,
equilibration in each window) by using the -b option, you'll have to make sure
that you don't eliminate windows by doing so, i.e. 100 ns in some windows and 1
us in others, using g_wham -b 200000 would completely neglect any windows with
shorter time and basically make the PMF curve useless.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar