[gmx-users] Interaction_between_protein_small_molecule

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jan 2 15:19:15 CET 2011

shahid nayeem wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users
>
> I wanted to study the interaction between a small molecule and protein.
> I prepared the system by inserting small molecule -nmol and protein by
> genbox and then I solvated it with water. when I tried to do PR dynamics
> it started giving many LINC WARNINGS. I reduced the time
> of equilibration and then PR run was completed without any warning. When
> I used production run it started giving LINC warning.Even after setting
> GMX_MAXCONSTRWARN to -1 I am getting LINC warning and programme
> termination with fatal error. Instead of simple docking I want to do MD
> with GROMACS to see interaction between the two molecule. Please suggest
> me, how can I do this.
> Thanking you.

Your system is physically unstable, either due to the simulation parameters
(.mdp), topology (likely of the ligand), or the initial geometry.  Please
consult the following:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

If you want more useful advice, you'll have to post more useful diagnostic
information (.mdp settings, topology, etc).

-Justin

> Shahid Nayeem

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate