[gmx-users] problem running the demo

Mao Mao maoyanren at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:14:08 CET 2011

Hi All,
I am a new user of Gromacs and Linux. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and installed
Gromacs 4.5.3 following the instructions.
When I ran the demo, I found that when I pressed <enter>, the xterm window
which is supposed to appear separately just flashed and disappeared
immediately.
For instance, "the output of the genbox program should appear in a separate
xterm window", but when I pressed <enter> the window flashed and disappeared
immediately. Is there anything wrong that I need to fix or is that the way
it should be?
Best,
Mao