[gmx-users] Re: [ atomtypes ] are not case sensitive?

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva awilter at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 11:23:25 CET 2011

Dear GMX list,

It's more the 2 years ago and now with my gmx.top file containing:

[ atomtypes ]
;name   bond_type     mass     charge   ptype   sigma         epsilon
Amb
 CA       CA          0.00000  0.00000   A     3.39967e-01   3.59824e-01 ;
1.91  0.0860
 ca        ca           0.0000  0.0000  A   3.39967e-01  3.59824e-01

And using GMX 4.5 and I don't see this complain anymore:

WARNING 1 [file system_GMX.top, line 43]:
  Overriding atomtype CA

Should I assume that gromacs finally made its atomtypes case sensitive? Only
version 4.5 and above?

Many thanks,

Alan

--
Alan Wilter SOUSA da SILVA, D.Sc.
Bioinformatician, UniProt - PANDA, EBI-EMBL