[gmx-users] number of index elements not multiple of 3, these can not be angle triplet

Carla Jamous carlajamous at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:16:34 CET 2011

Hi Everyone,

Please I'm trying to calculate one dihedral angle as a function of time
during my simulation.
For this, I used g_angle. In the manual (version 4.0.3) it says: the
indexfile should contain atom-triplets or atom-quadruplets for dihedrals.

I put an atom-quadruplet in my index file, but when I run
g_angle -f .xtc -n .ndx -od .xvg

and I select the group of atom-quadruplets, gromacs crashes and shows this
error message:
number of index elements not multiple of 3, these can not be angle triplets

So actually g_angle only calculates angles not dihedrals?

Thanks

Carla