[gmx-users] Re: Re: methanol simulation error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:15:27 CET 2011

mustafa bilsel wrote:
> Daer Justin,
> I changed the last line as
> MTH 660
>
> I got the same error,
> Atomtype CMET not found
>
> Do you mean this?

I already explained to you what the problem was with that error:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2011-January/057323.html

If you ignore the advice you've been given, you're unlikely to continue to get
help.  What's more, you keep changing your information.  First, you were using
"SOL 291" and the error was that there was no such moleculetype, then it was
"SOL 660" with an atomtype error, then a topology that we suspect has one or
both of these errors.

If you want free help, here are two tips:

1. Apply what you've been told, and respond directly with whether it did or did
not work, with relevant output or evidence of a problem.
2. Do not change information mid-stream unless that change was offered to you as
a potential fix or based on something you discovered to be problematic.  In this
case, state what you've changed and why.  Otherwise, these threads become a
jumble of impossibly disjointed information, which does not inspire anyone to
jump in and help (or continue doing so).

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar