[gmx-users] t_fileio has initializer but incomplete type? (xtcio.h)

T. Paramo tp334 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 10 20:07:05 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use the gromacs-4.5.3 library xtcio.h under c++. When I try
to use the function open_xtc (t_fileio tf = *open_xtc(filename, mode)) I
get this error:

variable 't_fileio tf' has initializer but incomplete type

I am compiling the program with:

g++ -Wall -I/home/gmx/include/gromacs -L/home/gmx/lib -lgmx -lm -o test
test.o

However, the library xtcio has been compiled with gcc. As far as I know,
you can link a C library from a C++ project if the language is specified on
the header (as xtcio.h does). I don't know if this is a configuration
problem, I hope somebody can help me!

Thanks in advance