[gmx-users] van der Walls radius and implicit solvation

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Tue Jan 11 19:43:11 CET 2011

Hi!

Currently there is no support in Gromacs for implicit solvation using a united-atom force field.
It is definitely possible though, but you need to consult the literature for values for the radii.
For united-atoms, I guess the hydrogens you mention are the polar hydrogens?

All radii in the current implementation are taken from the literature, in many cases though using Tinker as the primary source.

Cheers
/Per