[gmx-users] problem when calculating the solvation free energy of ARG in water using PME.

Itamar Kass (Med) itamar.kass at monash.edu
Wed Jan 12 11:31:51 CET 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to calculate the solvation free energy of ARG in water, using
GROMACS 4.0.7 (using TI).

I found that when I run the calculations on linux machines (I try few) it
run OK, but when I run the calculations on OSX it crashed in most lambda
points. I run the calculations using PME and RF, and the problem is
consisted only with PME. I also done the same thing for ALA and it works
fine. So I guess it has a connection to the charges.

 Any advices?

Best regards,

Itamar

--

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut