[gmx-users] Doubts regarding Simulation box

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:25:50 CET 2011

Hi MKS,

The distance between the solute and the sides of the box is separate from
the cutoffs. But, you want to have them large enough to avoid
self-interaction across the PBC. So the distance has to be set larger than
half the size of the cut-off. You probably shouldn't set it lower than 1nm
though, as within that range the water molecules may still experience
effects of the protei (ordering).

For the second part of your question, please refer to the manual and the
wiki, as well as to the mailing list archives.

Cheers,

Tsjerk