[gmx-users] creating mdrun_mpi with cmake

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 13 19:29:35 CET 2011

Dear users:

I have successfully compiled gromacs 4.5.3 with the description posted
here:
http://www.gromacs.org/Developer_Zone/Cmake#An_example_installation

How do I compile the mpi version of mdrun? I tried simply adding
openmpi libraries to my paths, but this was not enough. Is there a
special cmake flag? I could not find on one the internet.

Second, Do I even need to compile with mpi in gromacs 4.5.3? It seems
to me that non-mpi mdrun can do this with threads (at least over cores
on a single box).

Thank you,
Chris.