[gmx-users] problem when calculating the solvation free energy of ARG in water using PME.

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 13 19:38:06 CET 2011

1. How sure are you that you have reproduced the run exactly on the
different machines?
2. Are there any other differences besides machine? Number of cores?
3. What's your water model?
4. What else is in your system? (counterions?)
5. What are your crash/not-crash statistics? The OS difference might
just be noise.

I realize that this could be some machine-dependent error (as you seem
to be suggesting) but I would not be able to help you with that. Let's
ensure that it is not some other difference and then you could file a
redmine issue if the problem can not be resolved. You likely have a
good small test case.

Chris.