[gmx-users] Installing multiple versions of GROMACS together? - program suffix

devicerandom devicerandom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:26:34 CET 2011

Hi,

I am finally installing gmx 4.5.3 after a year and a half with 4.0.7 :)
My issue is that I'd like to continue to keep both versions (there's
stuff I need to analyze/continue etc. with previous version and I'd keep
it for homogeneity and avoid issues), so I thought that configuring
4.5.3 with

  ./configure --with-fft=fftw3 --prefix=/home/ms872/software/bin
--program-suffix=_453

would have been enough.

However I double-checked nothing in the *tools* directory is compiled
with the _453 suffix.

I obviously don't want analysis tools to be overwritten. I suspect
there's a more elegant solution than renaming by hand: what am I
missing? Thanks!

m.