[gmx-users] CNT

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 15 23:02:20 CET 2011

trevor brown wrote:
> Dear users,
> In Gromacs 4.5.3, atom types are defined in
> /share/top/oplsaa.ff/atomtypes.atp.
> The corresponding bonds for diffrent atopm pairs are described as
> between opls_001 and opls_965.
> I have a CNT, I need C-C intereaction, which one should I choose?

I would find a similar functional group in aminoacids.rtp (i.e., aromatic ring,
presumably) and see what is used there.  If you build a topology with g_x2top,
it will assign parameters for you; how accurate they are I do not know.

> Second question; where can I find info about opls_XXX?

Descriptions for most are found in atomtypes.atp.  Otherwise, look at how
they're used in aminoacids.rtp.  Bonded type names are found in [atomtypes] in
ffnonbonded (i.e. opls_145 is CA for bonded interactions), which are then used
in ffbonded.itp.

-Justin

> trevor

Justin A. Lemkul