[gmx-users] galactose bond stretch

nishap.patel at utoronto.ca nishap.patel at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 17 17:45:07 CET 2011

Hello,

    I ran a simulation of one molecule of galactose (cyclic) in water.
After the simulation run, when I checked the trajectory file in VMD,
the bonds in the galactose molecule stretched and during the run
changed back to its original starting form. I am using GROMOS force
field ffG53A6 and parameters as mentioned for carbohydrates in the
forcefield, so I am not sure what went wrong.I generated topology
using 'pdb2gmx' command. Also GROMACS did not give any warning during
the run and my simulation did not crash. Any insights?

Thanks.

Nisha P