[gmx-users] problem running the demo

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 17 21:54:54 CET 2011

Mao Mao wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> I tried the "mixed" example today and when I ran grompp -v I got the
> following error:
>
> Fatal error:
> Topology include file "methanol.itp" not found
>
> Could you help me with that?

As I said before, the demo is very outdated.  I will file a redmine issue so
this gets updated eventually.

There is no "methanol.itp" file in the "mixed" directory.  Either copy the one
from the "methanol" example there, or supply an appropriate "include" path in
grompp.mdp.

You would probably learn quite a bit more about Gromacs (including how to deal
with common errors like this one) from doing some real tutorials:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials#General

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080