[gmx-users] 1-4 interaction between X and Y at distance 1.804 which is larger than 1-4 table size 1.800 nm.

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 17 22:51:48 CET 2011

TJ Mustard wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We have been running a lot of simulations on protein ligand
> interactions, and my settings/setup/mdp files worked great for one
> system. Then when we moved to a larger and more complicated system we
> started getting mdrun 1-4 interaction errors in our MD.
>

> We are running with heavyh and have correctly made our ligands with
> acpype and edited to have heavyh.
>
> Same setup as our smaller simpler model, but keep getting these:
>

> Warning: 1-4 interaction between X and Y at distance 1.804 which is
> larger than 1-4 table size 1.800 nm.
>

> The jobs will continue on and finish but we are worried about the error
> that could be included with these errors.

Is this related to the other issue we're discussing?  If so, please do not
double-post, especially if you're including different information in different
threads.  It becomes a nightmare to try to keep track of.

That particular error is usually not a good sign.  Normal, stable simulations
should not give such an error.

-Justin

> Any help would be appreciated. Also I can attach my mdp files.
>

> Thank you,
>
> TJ Mustard
> Email: mustardt at onid.orst.edu

Justin A. Lemkul