[gmx-users] Dell PowerEdge M710 with Intel Xeon 5667 processor

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Tue Jan 18 20:01:41 CET 2011

Hi,

Although the question is a bit fuzzy, I might be able to give you a
useful answer.

>From what I see on the whitepaper of the Poweredge m710 baldes, among
other (not so interesting :) OS-es, Dell provides the options of Red
Had or SUSE Linux as factory installed OS-es. If you have any of
these, you can rest assured that Gromacs will run just fine -- on a
single node.

Parallel runs are little bit different story and depends on the
interconnect. If you have Infiniband, than you'll have a very good
scaling over multiple nodes. This is true especially if it's the I/O
cards are the Mellanox QDR-s.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd