[gmx-users] RE: Important: Bugs in NEMD calculation

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:23:12 CET 2011

It seems you are right.
The density is calculated a few lines before 1/visc is stored, but it is not being used.
Strange that this always went unnoticed, since it already seems to have been wrong in 4.0.
The density of water is so close to 1000 that you wouldn't notice the difference

But in a quick test I don't get the correct viscosity either way.
I will have to find time for a thorough check.
Do you get the right answer by dividing by the missing density term in src/mdlib/mdebin.c?

Berk