[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 81, Issue 130

Xiaohu Li xiaohuli914 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:40:31 CET 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:23:12 +0100
> From: Berk Hess <gmx3 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: [gmx-users] RE: Important: Bugs in NEMD calculation
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>

> It seems you are right.
> The density is calculated a few lines before 1/visc is stored, but it is
> not being used.
> Strange that this always went unnoticed, since it already seems to have
> been wrong in 4.0.
> The density of water is so close to 1000 that you wouldn't notice the
> difference
>
> But in a quick test I don't get the correct viscosity either way.
> I will have to find time for a thorough check.
> Do you get the right answer by dividing by the missing density term in
> src/mdlib/mdebin.c?
>
> Berk

Well, my force field can not reproduce the experiment anyway.
However, the wrong way of calculating in NEMD(vol instead of dens) is
getting visocisty much much lower than what I got from using g_energy -vis.
If I'm understanding correctly, the one with visco.xvg(column 1 vs column 2)
should be the one I'm supposed to look at, even with 12ns simulation, this
does not converge, but roughly speaking the NEMD results with the vol
replaced by rho(I wrote a outside script to calculate this) is on the same
order of magnitude as the g_energy -vis using green-kudo(is that right?)
expression.

Xiaohu