[gmx-users] 4 x Opteron 12-core or 4 x Xeon 8-core ?

David McGiven davidmcgivenn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:39:14 CET 2011

Dear Carsten,

Thanks for the advice!

The thing is that considering the price differences, we could buy 2-3
AMD machines (48 core) for each 1 Intel machine (32) core.

I'm only curious about how much faster Intel will be. Side to side,
amd 48core vs intel 32core, would make us talk about 2x differences in
ns/day?

Thanks again.

Regards,
David