[gmx-users] doubts on g_confrms output

Kwee Hong jestan1985 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 08:30:03 CET 2011

Hi,

I was trying to do some analysis following John's "GROMACS tutorial for
solvation study of spider toxin peptide".
I'm using GROMACS-4.5.3 and my command line for g_confrms is

g_confrms -f1 1OMB.pdb -f2 md.gro -o fit_wet.pdb

The program calculated the RMSD sucessfully and fit_wet.pdb was generated. Yet,
when i tried to visualise fit_wet.pdb using VMD, the structure is obviously in a
mess. And when I tried it out with pymol, I can only visualised one model. Model
2 did not appear. I wonder would it be the pdb format generated by g_confrms is
not the standard pdb format and had caused VMD and final failed to read  them?

Herein, I attached part of the pdb file generated by  fit_wet.pdb. Any insight
is welcomed.

Thanks,
Joyce