[gmx-users] Re: mdrun_mpi executable not found

Xiaohu Li xiaohuli914 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:01:06 CET 2011

Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:53:17 -0500
> From: Justin Kat <justin.kat at mail.mcgill.ca>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] mdrun_mpi executable not found
> To: "jalemkul at vt.edu" <jalemkul at vt.edu>,        Discussion list for
> GROMACS
>        users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>
> Thank you, I have been to that page probably a good 100 times by now.
>
> Was the 'No.' response with regards to my primary question? Or to the
> one within the parentheses?
>
> Suppose I remove my existing installation and reinstall, I am hoping
> to figure out when/where exactly should I specify
> --program-suffix=_mpi so as to not overwrite the pre-existing serial
> mdrun as I have mistakenly done so with my current installation.
>

> *./configure --enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi
> **make mdrun
> **make install-mdrun
> **make links*
>
> Lastly, if the above set of commands are incorrect, or will not carry
> out what I intend (to build a separate mdrun_mpi executable apart from
> the existing mdrun after a normal build), I am kindly requesting for a
> suitable revision.
>
> Have you tried
 ./configure --help
 to find out where the installation is?
by default gromacs will be installed at /usr/local/gromacs (according to
./configure --help).
If it's not installed there, do you have a openmpi or mpich compiler in your
path?
if not, then specify ./configure   --enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi
MPICC=<your own mpi compiler>

Xiaohu