[gmx-users] Slow Runs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 28 23:49:52 CET 2011

Denny Frost wrote:
> I tried using mpiexec -n 8 mdrun_mpi, but I still can't get the output
> to that it used anything but just 1 Node.  Is there something I was
> supposed to specify in the grompp command?

No, grompp has nothing to do with parallelization (at least, not since version
3.3.3).  Are you sure the mdrun executable was properly compiled with MPI
support?  I believe mpiexec will happily run a serial version of mdrun over all
the processors, rather than invoke the properly-compiled one.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080