Fwd: [gmx-users] Monitoring the water movement during simulation

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:55:15 CET 2011

I selected the water molecules but using atom selection in VMD by using the
following command  "water and within 5 of resid 65 to 67", 65 to 67 is the
chromophore position ... some 2 or 3 water molecules were found near to the
chromophore i.e. inside the beta barrel ... Practically it should not happen
..

Also I checked the structure that I saved after genbox command .. and I
found some 3 water molecules inside the barrel .. After reading about genbox
.. what I understood is that it solvates the protein in specified solvent
... but still i donot understand whether during solvation step the water
will go inside the barrel or not ... pls help as its a bit confusing ??

E-mail : monu46010 at yahoo.com