[gmx-users] Re: local pressure v4.5 issues

Amit Choubey kgp.amit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 04:32:07 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

The  git version of local pressure calculation at

http://repo.or.cz/w/gromacs.git/shortlog/refs/heads/release-4-5-localpressure

is broken. I could not get it to work for my simulations.

I installed gromacs local pressure version 4.0 from

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/tmp/

I used gromacs-4.0.2_localpressure.tar.gz<ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/tmp/gromacs-4.0.2_localpressure.tar.gz>
in
that folder.

The pressure values printed using this version seem reasonable to me. I
converted all the tpr files from v 4.5 to v 4.0.

The output of the mdrun in v 4.0 is a single file "localpressure.dat" . On
the contrary in v 4.5 there were separate "localpressure.dat*" files for
each frame.

I am not sure what exactly is the content of "localpressure.dat". Does it
have the time averaged value of pressure tensor for each voxel ? It doesnt
seem so to me because i tried it over only two frames (3 reruns were done
for two frames separately and a .trr which had these two frames only) and
the numbers did not seem to be averages.

Can someone help me in figuring out what is going on ?

Amit